What is NetFest?
- NetFest is celebrating 10 years!! NetFest is a mass participation end of netty season extravaganza hosted by Netball Australia
- Dates for 2020 are Thursday 26 – Sunday 29 November
- Held on the Sunshine Coast at the Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex (Outdoor and Fast5 matches) and at Mooloolaba Surf Beach (Beach netball)
- Outdoor, Fast5 and Beach Netball will be played offered to female competitive & social, mixed competitive & social sections.
What is a NetFest umpire?
- Being a NetFest umpire is a great opportunity to earn money, professionally develop your umpiring skills, and enjoy all the great elements of NetFest whilst being on the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
- We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and qualified umpires to umpire at the biggest 4-day netball competition in Australia!!
- All NetFest umpires should ideally hold a ‘C’ badge accreditation level or above, (as per INF Netball Rules). Note: We do allow non-badged umpires that have experience and requested to be screened for testing.
- Umpires must be at least 14 years of age.
- Umpires are not required to umpire every day but will be rostered onto matches pending their availability.
- Umpires are to wear white, bring own whistle and reusable drink bottle.
- Chair (if you wish to sit outside when not umpiring and watch matches in action)
- Strapping (if required)
- Cap & Sunscreen
- Lunch (or money for food/beverages)
- Positive attitude and ready to have fun