World sporting events provide us with an opportunity to celebrate the participation and achievements of the best athletes and teams on the planet. One such sporting event is the Netball World Cup Liverpool 2019.
Being played in England, between the 12-21 July, it is a tournament that has the 16 best netball nations in the world battle each other to claim the crown as world champions. It will be an exciting tournament that will captivate a nation, and you and your students can be part of it, through the Mini Netball World Cup 2019.
Whilst the spectacular netball on display will forge unprecedented interest in the game, this Year 5 and 6 program will provide you with a unique opportunity to drive learning in your school and community, and enhance general capabilities in your students.
The Mini Netball World Cup 2019 is a 21st century schools program that consists of three standalone integrated units of work and optional lessons on teamwork that:
- Primarily address teaching and learning outcomes in English, Mathematics, and Health and Physical Education;
- Are mapped against the Australian Curriculum;
- Have netball and world cup themes embedded as part of teaching and learning;
- Use video and images of participating netball players and their teams as a core component of teaching and learning;
- Is accessible to students across multiple intelligences and abilities;
- Is ICT and media technology rich and digitally interactive for students;
- Provide you with an opportunity to use social media as part of learning, and to showcase student work;
- Allow students to promote and model team and collaborate values, and general capabilities as part of their learning;
- Engages your students through a global learning focus that has them showcasing their skills to a community audience.
To access these resources you must be a Netball Schools Teacher Ambassador. To register please click here.
Take a sneak peak (without registering) at the ‘Our Team Rules’ Unit below which focuses on what it takes to work as a team!
Students, to learn more about Suncorp NetSetGO and where you can play, visit the website here.
Click on the icons below to access the units of work – these are password protected, passwords provided when you register as an ambassador.
We have also created a ‘HANDY HINTS‘ document that we encourage all teachers to read before launching into the resource.