With one of the biggest sporting events in the world on Australian shores, we have put together some resources and activities to help bring the spirit of the Commonwealth Games into your classroom.
Covering a wide variety of subjects and topics to these fun activities engage students in:
- Healthy eating and what champion athletes eat.
- The benefits of sport and why it is important to keep active.
- Drawing themselves playing sport and learning about different sports.
- Geography and finding where Commonwealth countries are on the world map.
- Researching the Australian Diamonds netball players.
- Writing a message of support.
- Values and qualities that are important to share and have in a team.
If students need more of a challenge, there are extra tips and hints for teachers to make sure students gain something out of each activity.