Netball Australia provides three free online courses that address the importance of respectful relationships, taking a proactive approach towards addressing violence against women across Australian communities.
With funding from the Federal Governments’ Department of Social Services Community Action Grants, Netball Australia has partnered with education experts NIRODAH and the Victorian Women’s Trust to develop three `Expect Respect’ eLearning modules, pictured above, that are available through Netball Australia’s online learning centre.
The modules are tailored to three key audiences: Youth (13-17 years players), Young Adults (18-25 years players) and Community, which caters for the broader netball community aged over 18 years including coaches, umpires, volunteers and parents. Interviews featuring elite netball players, umpires and coaches appear in each module as well as age-appropriate content that discusses the characteristics and benefits of positive and healthy relationships, how to identify these features, and who to contact if help is needed.
Mary Crooks AO, Executive Director of the Victorian Women’s Trust, said that education is the key for women and girls to understand the importance of expecting respect in their relationships.
“The only way we are going to get any cut-through in reducing violence against women and girls is by education and community awareness that achieves a significant cultural shift in attitudes and behaviours,” Crooks said.
How To Access the `Expect Respect’ Courses:
- Go to http://my.netball.com.au
- Login using your MyNetball account or click ‘New to MyNetball’ to create a new login. *Your ID is a seven digit number. Please contact your club/association if you don’t know your ID number.
- Once logged in, select ‘Online Learning’
- Select ‘Enrol’ for the Expect Respect course you want to do. Click ‘next’.
- Complete the enrolment form and click ‘Next’
- You are now enrolled in the Expect Respect course of your choice.
- Click ‘Return Home’ to access the MyNetball homepage.
- Click ‘Online Learning’
- Click ‘Go to eLearning Dashboard’ to go to the eLearning portal and access your Expect Respect course
- Click the Expect Respect course you enrolled in and wish to do