Netball Australia recognises that for players to be physically prepared for their participation in the sport there must be appropriate education and support for both players and coaches. The Knee injury prevention for Netballers to Enhance performance and Extend play (KNEE) program has been developed by Netball Australia with the support of the Australian Institute of Sport to provide this education for coaches, players and parents alike.
The program has been tailored specifically for the demands of the sport and incorporates exercises both with and without balls. Coaches at all levels should make themselves familiar with the content, principles and approach to delivering the exercises to support their players development and minimise their injury risk.
The KNEE Program has been developed as a digital resource specifically to increase accessibility and to allow videos outlining correct technique.
It is accessible via any connected device including smart phone.
The content includes:
- Program Manuals for Junior, Recreational and Elite levels
- Instructions on how to use the resource
- Key Principles
- Instructions for every exercise
- Video/Voice Over: – each exercise is clearly shown demonstrating correct technique
- Program Guides: – easy to read, printable “cheat sheet” for each program to take court side
- All content is printable
- Information for players and parents
- Stretching sheet
For more information and to access the resources and videos please visit https://knee.netball.com.au/
KNEE for Coaches – free e-learning course
Netball Australia has developed this short, free online course for coaches of all levels to up-skill their knowledge in Injury Prevention and Performance Enhancement strategies specific to netball. It outlines the Netball Australia KNEE Program, which, when used consistently, has the potential to improve how players move on court and reduce the risk of injury.
The course looks at:
- Safety of training
- Benefits of warming up and cooling down
- Why the KNEE Program
- Key principle of the KNEE Program
- Outline of specific exercise principles to employ
Click here to view and access this and many other free online courses.