Position Vacant – Technical Director/Performance Coach
Cayman Islands Netball Association
The vision of Cayman Islands Netball Association (CINA) is that netball becomes a life sport of choice in the Cayman Islands by providing a number of opportunities of development for players, coaches, umpires and officials. Netball is a vehicle for healthy lifestyles. IT IS THE MODEL FOR TEAM BUILDING AND EMPOWERMENT DEVELOPMENT IN WOMEN AND GIRLS.
CINA welcomes applications for a Technical Director performance and development netball coach.
Employment package includes:
- Salary ranges over CI$36k to CI$50k p.a. (depending on qualifications, success, experience);
- One-time settlement allowance to cover excess luggage and settlement costs. Not exceeding one-month pay;
- Pension and health benefits according to Cayman Island Law. 5% pension, 50% health insurance paid by the employer. The remainder to be covered by the employee;
- One return air passage.
Performance and Development Coach
ROLE OF THE COACH:
The sole responsibility of the coach is to reshape netball in the Cayman Islands by: (1) Developing and increasing pathways and standards of players, coaches and umpires locally to international level; (2) Building relationships and working with Physical Education teachers in schools, local authorities, clubs, community groups and other international netball nations; 3) Developing and growing the Cayman Islands brand and profile.(4) Developing and implementing a world-class junior netball program for All schools, and districts in the Cayman Islands
- Knowledge of structures and strategies to develop pathways for netballers in schools and national squad level. Specific emphasis is on the under 12, 14, 18, 21 age group and senior level;
- Establishing suitable programmes and training services for players, coaches and umpires on local, national and international levels;
- Ability to prepare squads and teams to travel and participate in regional and international competitions;
- Mentoring and supporting coaches and umpires;
- Develop links and relationships with netball clubs to support growth and development of the sport with schools and community
- Working in partnerships with all schools and their netball coaches.
- Participate in organizing various netball competitions at the junior and senior level
- Brand netball to ensure it receives its fair share of media and sponsorships.
Successful candidates will have:
-Proven track record and experience at local, national and/or international
-Willingness to work with children.
- Advanced coaching qualification and umpire qualification necessary
- Physical Education or Sports degree an asset
- Is widely trusted and transparent in own practices and processes.
- Outstanding organizational ability, planning and leadership skills and the ability to motivate others;
-Ability to work with minimum supervision
Ability to market netball and encourage donations.
Accomplished in Microsoft office programmes
Ability to bring fun and a knowledge base that appeals to the needs of a diverse group of people.
The contract is two years fixed term, reviewed annually, and is renewable after that period based on mutual satisfaction. Starting October 1, 2017
How to apply:
- Curriculum vitae with photo and other supporting documents to be submitted by September 1, 2017 to [email protected]. applicant must submit three references from the employer, peer worker, current netball association. A current driving permit is required.