Netball Australia Limited (“the Company”) hereby gives notice that the Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held at Mantra on Northbourne in Canberra at 9:00am on Friday 21 April 2017.
The purpose of the Meeting is to consider the following business.
1. Receipt of Reports and Accounts
To receive and consider:
- Directors’ Report
- Financial Report
- Auditor’s Report
of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2016, each report having been prepared in accordance with the requirements of Part 2M.3 of the Corporations Act 2001.
2. Dealing with any Special Business
In accordance with Rule 19 of the Constitution a Member Organisation (“MO”) may submit a Notice of Motion provided that written notice is received by the Company no later than 5:00pm (AEDT) on Monday 6 March 2017.
3. The Election of Directors
A call for nominations for Elected Directors is attached in accordance with Clause 25.2 of the Company’s Constitution (“the Constitution”)
4. Annual General Meeting Agenda and Papers
The Agenda for the Annual General Meeting will be distributed to MOs no later than 5:00pm (AEST) on Wednesday 22 March 2017.
5. Participation in the Annual General Meeting
In accordance with Clause 7.1 of the Constitution:
- the MO shall be represented by their Delegates who shall have the right to attend, debate and vote at Meetings for and on behalf of the MO;
- the Affiliates (Refer Clause 8.1(a) of the Constitution) may be represented by a Delegate who shall have the right to attend but not debate or vote at Meetings for and on behalf of the Affiliate;
- Individual Members (Refer Clause 8.1(b) of the Constitution) have no right to attend, debate or vote at Meetings;
- Service Award Holders may attend and debate, but not vote at Meetings.
In accordance with the Elected Director Qualification and Election Procedures By-Law:
- A MO shall nominate its voting Delegate in writing by Friday 31 March 2017, 21 days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- In the event that a MO voting Delegate cannot be present at any Meeting, it may nominate another member of the MO or a Delegate from another MO to vote in the place of the voting Delegate, provided such nomination is in writing addressed to the Company’s Chief Executive Officer and delivered to the Company’s office prior to the commencement of the Meeting.
Service Award Holders attendance must be notified to Libby Howe ([email protected]) or (03) 8621 8621 prior to 5:00pm (AEDT) on Friday 7 April 2017.