The National Facilities Policy was developed in consultation with key stakeholders including Member Organisations, Associations, Leagues and Clubs as well as local and state governments.
The key objectives of the Policy are to:
- Support participation growth and sustainability
- Provide key stakeholders with guidance in facility planning and development
- Provide a technical manual that can be applied nationally
- Improve the overall consistency, quality and accessibility of netball facilities
Netball facility planning and development is to be focused on supporting the growth of the sport. In order to do this, facilities will be planned and developed with consideration of the following guiding principles:
- Strategic need, facility demand and participation growth opportunities
- Accessibility and inclusion, catering for multiple formats of the sport
- Maximising utilisation and improved programming
- Best practice technical and design standards
- Alignment with the needs of key stakeholders and partners
To view the National Facilities Policy, click here.